Thursday, October 1, 2009

Shopping from your bed

Let's be honest. If you love home design, chances are you love the hunt...otherwise known as shopping. And if you are anything like me, you probably also love your bed. 

You know what is freaking fantastic? Shopping FROM your bed. 

I admit it, I'm a HSN shopper.  When I can't sleep, the first thing I do is turn to channel 12. They have some really cute stuff, and for a girl on a budget,  it's a darn good resource. 


 
Allen and I made a headboard a year ago. We went to Home Depot, cut a piece of plywood, went to JoAnne's for foam, batting and fabric, and then spent the afternoon on our first do-it-together DIY project. It was fun and way more affordable than buying a headboard from a retail store. 

But here's the deal: the HSN headboard above is a) cuter than the one we made, and b) actually costs less. 

Which brings me to my next pick. 


You know what is expensive? Ottomans. Seriously. People drop some cash on ottomans that aren't nearly as cute as this one. 

 

Picture this at the bottom of the a bed. It'd be so cute I wouldn't even drape my clothes all over it instead of hanging them up. Not that I do that, or anything. 

And finally, because I'm always looking for cute mirrors to add space and dimension to our little house...



I love these beveled mirrors! Above a fireplace or on a wall facing a window? Fab. 



No comments: