Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dinner always tastes better when the table looks pretty, right?

So, we have friends staying with us this weekend for the biggest weekend in college football (in Dallas, that is...)

No, not Texas-OU. The Mighty SMU Mustangs vs. Navy.



Kidding.

As a University of Wisconsin (go, Badgers!) fan, I'm much more interested in other fun things, like planning for the dinner party I think we're having on Friday night.  I'll be turning to Ina for the menu, so now I'm just dreaming of all of the fun things  I could use to make the table look pretty.

If you know me, you know I'm "into" color. I've tried the serene, peaceful neutrals thing, but I always end up caving and adding turquoise...or pink.

A quick search on the wondrous World Wide Web (seriously, how did people function before the Internet?!?!?) turned out a plethora of little touches that would make setting the table just so much more entertaining.




How cute are these darling monogrammed salt and pepper shakers from Dabney Lee At Home?


Love the funky personalization on these ice buckets




The perfect home for these yummy pomegranate margaritas



Amy, brilliant as always!



 

A huge arrangement of parrot tulips in the middle of the table? Gorgeous.

A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments: