Friday, October 23, 2009

And the countdown begins...

...to the garage sale! It's starts tomorrow morning at 8AM.  And we're totally organized and ready to go.

Ha.

I was going to take a picture of our guest room with all of the garage sale wares in it, but it was waaaay to mortifying a mess to share.

Suffice it to say, we've got a lot of work in front of us tonight. And by us, I really mean me because as much as I love him, I'm not sure Allen's going to get in to the whole pricing a million items thing. He's probably going to focus on the getting things set up part, which is fine with me. He's also in charge of going to the bank for small change and sign placement. :)



Speaking of signs. I picked ours up at Home Depot and they are your typical garage sale sign...nothing fancy, like the cute sign above from Sassysigns.com. And then last night I had an idea. What if I used my K& Company Amy Butler scrapbooking paper (since I've never scrapbooked in my life but I loved the line so much I bought 4 of the pads when they had them at Michaels) to make my own signs, and then have them laminated? Wouldn't that totally drive traffic to our house?

Then I realized I was probably creating projects so that I didn't have to attack the pricing thing. So we're using the boring signs.

Anyway, please cross your fingers for us that it goes well tomorrow! I need a little padding in the chiang mai dragon fund. :)

In an effort to get pumped for tomorrow, I'm posting pics of cute organizational ideas. Maybe they'll help me stay focused on the goal ahead: a house cleared of clutter and an organized space!



Love these storage boxed from Container Store.




You know what's even better than inexpensive Ikea craft storage? When people decorate it and make it cute. Like these!



I never get tired of this craft armoire from the queen of all things home, Martha.


This sewing cabinet from Better Homes and Gardens is to. die. for.

And finally, what my craft room USED to look like, before garage sale madness took over:



I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

No comments: