Monday, November 9, 2009

Skirting the budget.

So the project still isn't ready. Wipe on poly, dreamy as it looks when it's on, is kind of a pain because it takes soooooo long to dry.

And yes, I realize 24 hours is a completely normal amount of time for something to dry. But I'm impatient.

In the meantime, it's November...so I'm ready to decorate for Christmas. Every year I try to hold out until Thanksgiving, but so far I'm 0 for 3.

So this year, I've decided to start my resolutions early. Resolution 1: I'm not going to be apologetic about being a complete and utter holiday decorating weirdo.

First on my list this year?

A new tree skirt. And I'm digging this one from Anthropologie...

Is that not gorgeous?? Love it. I don't, however, love the price tag.

So I'm thinging about making my own with Amy Butler's wall flower fabric in  mustard...


And a few sequined appliques.


 
 

Level with me, blogfriends. Is this crafty?

Or just crazy?

1 comment:

Uptown Girl said...

I love it! Make it asap!