Monday, November 23, 2009

My colors are blush and bashful...

Ok, so I recognize that traditionally, Christmas colors are red and green.  But at our house...Christmas is pink and white and silver and glitter. And Allen is the best trooper ever.

On Saturday, he got allllll of the boxes down, and Tilly and I got started.


Allen went on a 10 mile run. My afternoon was waaaaay more fun. And before I knew it, I was done!



I collect mercury glass, and I love glitter. You've probably picked up on that by now. So the mantle is heavy in both.


 

How cute are those houses? They were a GREAT Chistmas present from my brother, Jared. And that cute pink paper mache Santa? My mom and grandmother made it.


Repurposed flower arrangements and fake snow. Fancy. :)


My mom made this feather tree a few years ago and my grandmother painted the stand...love it!

Obviously, this is Allen's area.

Again, my grandmother! Isn't she talented? I love this little Santa and all of my holiday memories include him.


It was a long day, and T was pooped.


But we were happy!!

P.S. You might be wondering why we have a blanket streched across the seat of the couch. The answer is that Tilly likes to perch on the sofa all day long so she can look out the window and watch the world go by. She's a bit messy and the fabric isn't easy to clean, so that's the solution. It's not the prettiest, but it works for now. :) 

1 comment:

Jason & Jessica said...

Love it! Your grandmother is so talented! That Santa on your fireplace is gorgeous!