Monday, November 16, 2009

A doggone great gift

If you are anything like me (read: completely, irrationally obsessed with your pet), then I have a great holiday gift idea for you!

For his birthday last year, I gave Allen this pet portrait of Tilly: 


Is that not the cutest thing ever? It's by Anne Harwell, who you probably know from her fabulous blog and etsy store.

Anne's an uber-talented artist...I also have a few of her chair prints and they.are.fab.

Another  favorite artist of mine is Jenny Grumbles, of Uptown Country Home here in  Dallas. She also has a fabulous blog that you should add to your favorites and is a ridiculously talented artist. She also just happens to me one of my very, very dearest friends. :)

For Christmas 3 years ago, my in-laws gave me a super special gift...three paintings of our wedding, all by Jenny! Here they are:


 



Our centerpieces, our cake and our get-a-way car...a VW bug that my grandfather restored. Is it not so cute?!

The paintings hang in our bedroom and every time I look at them, I'm reminded of how much FUN we had at our wedding and what a perfect day it was. And, I also remember how lucky I am to have such a talented friend!

There's no better gift for the holidays than something that comes from the heart and will always be treasured. So check Anne and Jenny out! 

No comments: