Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The calendar needed a friend.

So, the new chalkboard calendar is working out great. We're soo organized now.

Right.

Allen pointed out last weekend that there was something missing, however...something to post invitations and baby announcements and save the dates so that they are right in front of my face and I can't forget to RSVP.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a bulletin board handy, and I didn't really want to run to Michael's to get one.

But I did have an old frame from Ikea (w/out glass...what?!), a really cute piece of fabric, Amy Butler paper and two giant paperclips.

I started by stretching the fabric over the frame and stapling it to the back...

Then I took my favorite craft friend, Spray Adhesive. (Don't worry, Wipe on Poly, I'm SO not cheating).


Attached the paper to the paper clips...

 
Trimmed the excess and attached them to a ribbon, that I also stapled on the back of the frame...
 
And hung it up. 
 
Cute, huh? Responded on the right, haven't responded on the left.

Looks like I've got some work to do.

1 comment:

Fargerike Dagny said...

Super cute! Looked like an easy diy too! Thanks for sharing!! :)