Tuesday, November 10, 2009

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

Right? You've been just dying for me to post pics of my project?

Well, here you go.

It all started with a really dirty frame from the clearance section of Michael's ($4.99! Boo-yah.)


I know. Nasty, right? It took 90 minutes and 5 of these to get the job done. YUCK.



Then it was time to paint!



2 days later, I FINALLY had 3 coats of high gloss latex paint on this bad boy.   While I waited for it the last coat to dry, I sprayed a piece of foam board with chalkboard paint.


Sorry, no pics of that step.

2 coats of wipe on poly and 24 hours later, I put it all together...




I need to work on my penmanship and even up the paint lines, but I'm pretty happy with it! It's a cute addition to our side hallway!

I have to give a shout out to my partner in projects, Tilly.

Actually, this is just an excuse to post this hilarious picture of her:


Dig the bows? When I picked her up from getting her hair did last night, she was all fall-themed out. I think the harvest bandana really ties it all together.

And just in case you were wondering, Allen walked in the house about 5 minutes after we got home and the bows were gonners.

No comments: