Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Needs

Or, otherwise titled: "New Year, New things that I can fall in love with and then spend colossal amounts of time hunting around Dallas for more affordable versions."

Sigh. 

Without further ado:


No, this isn't a joke. How cool would it be to have a bunch of vintage arcade games in your game room and be able to be all, "Hey guys, for Sunday Funday, instead of sitting in this kind-of-gross bar, let's just go back to my house and spend all afternoon playing vintage arcade games?"

One plus and two minuses---plus first. Allen would officially think I'm the coolest wife ever. Now for the minuses: First, I don't have a game room. Probably won't have one of those for awhile, if ever.
Second, I haven't even been able to convince myself to spend the money to buy a Wii, so pretty sure I'd have a hard time shelling out the dough for these when there are things like this to purchase....

Soooo much more worth it.

Now, for something really bizarre. I hate going to the dentist.

Yes, I realize that's not bizarre or unique.

But here's what is.


I love this vintage dentist's cabinet. What an awesome place to store linens. Those flat drawers would be amazing.


So, once upon a time I bought a similar table at a really great store in Dallas and was so excited I could barely wait to get it home. When I got it home, however, and showed it to my husband, he was less than enthused. Long story short, the table was returned. I think of it often and wonder who gets to enjoy it everyday. Love this table. Someone please buy it.

And finally, one last little item to brighten your day...

I must have these in my kitchen, stat. How stinkin' cute.

No comments: