Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Catching up.

So, I've been pretty MIA for the last few months.

News flash, I know. For the 2 of you who still follow this, apologies.

A few pics to show you what I've been doing...

We went to Leland and only took one pic, which is ridiculous, because you would DIE if you saw some of the cottages I meant to take photos of.

We took our friends Rich and Alexis to Allen's parent's lakehouse and this guy joined us. I am not exaggerating when I say that I freaked. the. heck. out.
I've spent hours and hours working on the nursery. It's thisclose to being finished...and it's getting soooo darn cute.


Half of those hours were spent testing paint samples.

My ob/gyn grounded me from travel at 28 weeks, so we beat the TX heat and went back to the lake for the 4th of July. Allen and Tilly chilled on the dock...
Our oldest niece got stuck in a monsoon while water skiing...which she's getting SO good at...
Our nephew cracked us up all day long with facial expressions like this...(not sure why it looks like he's swimming in liquid kryptonite)...
Allen practiced his baby skills with a dear friend's little boy...
And I continued to grow. Also not sure why my hair looks bi-colored in the pic. It's not a new look I'm trying out.

33 weeks tomorrow! The little man will be here before we know it.

Next up? The bathroom.

No, it's still not done. The marble piece was the wrong size.  Because the edges were rounded. So it's 1/4 inch short on one side....and apparently will be ready "next week", which I've now learned is contractor speak for "the day after never."  It's a comedy of errors and I swear, every time he comes to the house I search behind him for Candid Camera.

2 comments:

Karen said...

That's my girl! You look beautiful, darling. Wish I was seeing you up close. Love you xoxoxo

Brooke Conley said...

You have never looked more beautiful! Perfect little belly! Wish I could see you before that bean arrives, but hopefully we'll see you soon after. xo