Friday, February 26, 2010

Rub-a-dub-dub...

The bathroom situation is out of control.

I sprayed and scrubbed the tile last night (even though sweet Maria who helps us clean our house 2X/month JUST came on Tuesday) and the grout in the left hand corner of the shower completely washed away.

Worst. Bathroom. EVER.

I know I already complained about this situation, but it's getting worse and worse every day. And now that I'm "mit baby" to quote Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (which, in case you haven't seen it, is hilarious), I probably shouldn't be scrubbing away in a bathroom without ventilation, regardless of how green the Mrs. Meyers product I'm using is.

Because I'm totally an Earth Mother now. Obviously. And not just because I prefer the smell of lemon verbena to toxic chemicals.

But I'm a little sensitive about the label that pregnant women get in regards to being over-emotional, so I decided not to throw a temper tantrum and instead headed to the computer to figure out how in the heck we were going to afford overhauling the whole stinkin' mess.

And I came up with a new idea!!

While searching the Wisteria.com website, I found this console table:

 I'm not wild about the black, but if I repainted it, I wonder if I could (well not me, but someone more talented working with me) install a rectangular vessel sink on it or if that would be a little much.

What do y'all think?

The rest of my wish list resides primarily at good ol' Restoration Hardware...and outside of my price range. REALLY missing that RH Outlet in Virginia these days!!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Hi Hannah - Love your blog - I'm Jenny's cousin and sent me the link a little bit ago, and I've been following ever since - congrats on the pregnancy! We are expecting twin girls!

Just wanted to let you know, if you don't already, there is a RH Outlet in San Marcos - wouldn't be that bad of a trip from Dallas.

Hannah said...

Thanks for the tip, Jean! And congratulations to YOU on your twin girls! How fun!

I actually was just talking to a friend about San Marcos...I think I'm going to have to head down!